Garden Artisans makes every effort to recycle, reuse, and sustain whenever possible. Below are a few of our examples:
- The Garden Artisans catalog is printed on 100% recycled paper.
- We only send catalogs to existing customers and individuals who request a catalog on our website. We do not engage in mass mailings that result in unnecessary waste.
- Garden Artisans’ computers are set to go into sleep mode when not in use and are powered off at the close of each business day in order to eliminate unnecessary energy usage.
- Whenever possible, Garden Artisans reuses boxes and packing materials we receive from our vendors.
- We only use biodegradable “peanuts”, paper, and strive to use (or reuse) a bare minimum of bubble wrap (when necessary).
- Garden Artisans uses recycled paper company-wide.
- We have swapped out all of our office and warehouse lighting from incandescent lighting to LED or CF lighting (recycling any replaced bulbs) in order to cut energy consumption and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Perhaps most importantly, Garden Artisans sources products that will last over time and will not end up in a landfill after a short period of time.