Package contains 17 black hoop pvc rods 900mm (2ft 11in) long and 10mm in diameter, 12 anchors, 2 T-s and 4 Crosses. This will create a 6-hoop tunnel.
- Use the add-on's for extras or to create a larger tunnel.
- Be sure to select your netting and the # of feet required to cover the frame. We recommend 19 feet for a 6-hoop tunnel.
The rods used to create the hoops are the same rods which are used for the crossbars, you just bend two rods slightly and connect them with a joiner to create your hoop.
If two rods are connected together with a joiner, the finished hoop will be 1.8m in length and once bent, will stand approximately 600mm (2ft) high and 1.2m (4ft) wide; they are flexible so this is just an example.
The hoops can go as narrow as 30" wide and this will increase the height slightly.
Use the hoops all year round with fleece, polythene or Thermacrop to bring on early crops then change the netting for insect, butterfly or bird protection.
Minimum fabric width for creating tunnels/cloches = 1.8m (5ft 10in). If the hoops are erected 1.2m (4ft) wide they will stand approx. 600mm (2ft) high. Space at approximately 3 feet apart.
Choose between black butterfly netting or insect netting.
Available to ship late late April / early May
Ships in: Available to ship late March / early April
Ships from: Maryland
What is included in the Hoop Tunnel Package? To make calculating easier, we have put together the following tunnels:
- 3 Hoop Tunnel - contains 8 Rods, 2 T's, 1 Cross, 6 Anchors
- 4 Hoop Tunnel - contains 11 Rods, 2 T's, 2 Crosses, 8 Anchors
- 6 Hoop Tunnel - contains 17 Rods, 2 T's, 4 Crosses, 12 Anchors
What is not included is the outer netting you wish to use.